Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Alliance 300 RYT Certificate
This New Zealand 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training March 2020 Rotorua is for those who have completed a RYT200 training and are ready to immerse into a stronger experiential and learning curve.
A 200 hour training is about learning to be comfortable in the role of the teacher, and knowing how to intelligently construct a class useful to your students, and to instruct that class safely. In a 300 hour training we step off from that basis and begin to explore further. There is no end to that exploration.
ARE YOU READY ?!
If you feel that you are ready to take that next step and become a RYT500 certified yoga teacher, then this course is for you!
Join Asia Pacific Yoga on our New Zealand 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training March 2020 Rotorua from 2 - 28 March in the fabulous Rotorua, the Geothermal capital of New Zealand.
An advanced training is not about more complexity. It is about more clarity.
Yoga practices cleanse and restore balance to all our systems. By cultivating more subtle awareness and experiencing stronger practices, we consolidate and see the profoundness and the simplicity of these practices.
"It is the simple practices that create the most benefit" - Leslie Kaminoff
Keeping it REAL but ready to FLY.
Date : 2 - 28 March 2020 (27 days)
Venue : Kawaha Point, Rotorua, New Zealand
Tuition, Manuals and Accommodation :
Shared Room NZD4,400
Own private room NZD5,400
Note : Self- catering as meals are not included.
A Transformative Yoga Teacher Training Experience
This Yoga Alliance accredited and internationally recognised 300 Hour Hatha Vinyasa New Zealand Yoga Teacher Training is for teachers ready to embrace a more profound understanding of the power of Yoga practices. It is for those who are looking to immerse themselves in a physical, mental, emotional and spiritual transformation through yoga, community and meditation.
Your training will include 27 days accommodation, course fees and manuals. Meals are not included as students will purchase their own vegetarian food and cook either separately or communally. We will cover all aspects required for Yoga Alliance 300 Hour Certification in a relaxed and supportive environment. We will be a small group of no more than 9 people.
Our focus is on :
PRACTICING EMBODYING SHARING
Why Train With Asia Pacific Yoga
Here at Asia Pacific Yoga, we strive to create immersive, expansive and transformational experiences that you will not forget. Our 300 hour training will have a maximum of 9 students. Each student will get the maximum benefit out of the training and the proper attention they deserve.
Our New Zealand 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is about
consolidating the following key understandings.
1. EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED
2. AHIMSA IS THE MINDSET/HEARTSPACE
3. BREATH IS THE BRIDGE
4. WHERE ATTENTION GOES ENERGY FLOWS
5. STHIRA/SUKHAM – STEADINESS/RELAXATION
6. ACTIVATION = SUPPORT
7. MAINTAIN A SATTVIC STATE
8. EVERY BODY IS DIFFERENT
9. RE-SPECT & GRATITUDE
10. YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU VIBRATE
On this course we will flow through, into and around these concepts. Weaving them together integrating Anatomy, Physiology, Philosophy, Cosmology and Energy systems. Binding them with familiar and new experiential practices.
What Makes Us Special
- Every student gets lots of attention because we keep our groups small – no more than 9 people
- Our YTTs are held in amazing tranquil locations close to nature and with easy access to the beach
- An immersive, transformational experience in a safe, supportive environment with like-minded people
- Deepen your practice with daily yoga, meditation, pranayama and workshops
- Expand your knowledge with daily lectures on yoga philosophy, anatomy, chakras and much more
- Get comfortable with giving and receiving adjustments
- Plenty of opportunity for you to practice teaching what you are learning
- Reasonable and affordable
- 26 nights accommodation at Kawaha Point, a beautiful holiday home in fabulous Rotorua, Central North Island, New Zealand.
- Tuition and related manuals
- Daily advanced yoga practices of asana, pranayama, kriyas and meditation.
- Daily lectures exploring yoga philosophy, cosmology, applied anatomy and physiology, and energy systems - chakras, vayus, koshas
- Afternoon workshops on arm balances, inversions, backbends, adjustments, partner yoga, restorative yoga, yin yoga and more
- Individual teaching feedback.
- Accredited RYT300 Hatha Vinyasa Yoga Alliance certification upon graduation
- Unlimited wifi so you can still keep in touch with your loved ones
- You will have time to explore the surrounding nature of the beach and bush walks.
- A 2 day Silent (Mouna) experience.
- Optional one week Device free experience.
- A beautiful (and most often emotional!) graduation ceremony
- A fun and transformational experience that you won’t forget!
We are excited to have created this 300 Hour programme. This is a comprehensive course that will cover in depth the following large range of topics
- Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative and Yin Practices and methodology
- Daily morning practice
- Advanced Asana methodology and sequencing
- Applied yoga anatomy and physiology diving deep into all systems of the body esp musculo-skeletal, cardio vascular, the PSNS and Fascia
- Advanced Pranayama and Kriyas
- Take your Pranayama to another level with 30-45 minute solid sessions every day.
- Experience Nauli and Shankar Prakshalana Kriyas
- Explore deeper Meditation styles. 30 minute sitting per day.
- Learn how to lead a deeply regenerative Yoga Nidra
- Enjoy Group Mantra and Kirtan
- Learn how to lead and introduce Mantra and Kirtan to students
- Learn how to "Theme" a class
- Go deeper into Chakras, Vayus and Koshas.
- A recap of the 8 limbs and further study into the suble psychology of Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Advanced Yoga business workshop with Media expert Joleen
Typical Daily Schedule
The daily schedule is flexible as it will vary from day to day depending on the needs and focus of the students but this will be typically how your day will be. The course starts at 3pm on the first day and finishes midday on the last day.
- 06.30 Kriyas, meditation, pranayama
- 07:00 Asana
- 09:30 Breakfast and break
- 10:30 Group learning time, an alive, interactive look at yoga theory, methodology, philosophy or anatomy
- 12.30 Pranayama
- 13.00 Lunch
- 15:00 Group work, Asana methodology, teaching skills
- 17.00 Asana – Yin yoga and relaxation techniques
- 18:00 Sunset, kirtan chanting, meditation, contemplation as the group needs
- 18.30 Finish the day, Shared meal
(E-RYT500) (RYT200 Kundalini)
Steve has over 15 years of yoga experience and has been involved with yoga trainings for 6 years. He has taught over 11,000 hours of classes and has the highest Yoga Alliance E-RYT500 classification, as well as being a 200 hour Yoga Alliance trained Kundalini Yoga Teacher, and an Aerial Yoga Teacher.
Steve has studied and practiced many styles of Asana, mainly Ashtanga Vinyasa, Iyengar, Yin, Hatha, and Power Yoga. Steve teaches in New Zealand, Thailand, Bali, Spain, London and Pakistan. He has a relaxed but thorough style of teaching and a passion for Yoga Anatomy and Philosophy.
Joleen is a dedicated yoga teacher and practitioner passionate about encouraging and inspiring people to be the best they can be through movement, breath, wellness, diet and a holistic approach to life. She enjoys seeing her students progress physically, mentally and emotionally as they journey with her.
Joleen has been practicing yoga for around 10 years and currently has a very strong daily Ashtanga practice. She teachers Ashtanga (Mysore style and LED), Hatha Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative. She is also a certified Les Mills Body Balance instructor. Joleen’s strength would be her calmness and grace and that she brings to her classes.
This New Zealand Yoga Teacher Training in Rotorua is a vegetarian self-catering experience, so each student will buy and prepare their meals, this gives maximum dietary possibilities and is a fun way to see what other people eat. We provide accommodation and tuition and students buy and cook for themselves or collectively.
Meals are a fun and educational communal time together. There are plenty of supermarkets and eating places 10 minutes away. We will make regular shopping trips into town as needed. Typically students budget around NZ$150-$200 for the 3 weeks.
Venue and Accommodation
Our Rotorua Yoga House Kawaha Point, is a beautiful modern home with Lake views of Lake Rotorua.
Very comfortable bedrooms and bathrooms.
A spacious, light and wooden floored yoga shala.
Large fully equipped kitchen.
Comfortable lounge and audio visual area.
Outdoor decks for yoga practice and relaxing.
Rotorua is famous for its many lakes and geothermal areas and thermal hot springs.
Perfect for reviving Yogi muscles!
Rotorua is one of New Zealand's most important Maori cultural centers.
Around Rotorua are many opportunities for hiking and mountain biking.
The Redwoods forest has great walks and some of the best mountain biking tracks that New Zealand has to offer.
We have plenty of super markets within a 10 minute drive, everything that we need is close at hand. Rotorua is a very easy city to get around.
Getting To Rotorua
To arrive at this 300 hour YTT simply fly into Auckland International Airport and catch a 45 minute flight down to Rotorua. We will collect you from Rotorua airport!
Alternatively jump on a bus and enjoy the stunning scenery float by. We will collect you from the bus station.
If you are self driving Rotorua is super easy to find in the Central North Island. We will provide you with the precise location.
Book Your Spot
Book online to secure your spot with a NZD500 deposit.
Our system accepts Master Card, Visa and American Express (+1.1%).
Other Payment Options
Your NZD500 deposit can also be paid via Paypal or bank transfer to a New Zealand bank.
If you choose to pay via an international transfer, we like to use Transferwise as their rates are very low.
We understand that emergencies do happen. We are happy to fully refund you your deposit if you inform us 30 days before the training starts.
If the 30 days have passed, we are happy to transfer your deposit to secure your spot for a future YTT date.
Suggested Reading List
For Yoga Philosophy -“The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” – Edwin F Bryant
For Meditation - “Buddhism Plain and Simple” – Steve Hagen
For Anatomy - “Key Muscles of Yoga” - Ray Long
For Asana - "Yoga Sequencing" – Mark Stevens
If you are very interested in anatomy, download this great app which is such a good learning tool.
“This 3 week yoga 200hour course was honestly the best 3 weeks learning I have ever had!!! The course, location and instructors were incredible.
From the very first day we were welcomed in to the lovely yoga home and had welcome ceremony’s and a really lovely introduction. The course was Very intensive but full of variety. Every day we focused on different topics and ideas around yoga, anatomy, pranayama, meditation and philosophy. We taught yoga right away but in a controlled and progressive manner which promoted a safe and comfortable learning environment to excel in.
We had the chance to visit a waterfall for some ‘ nature as teacher’, teach a full 60 mins and team teach a public class. On top of this there is the lovely Piha beach to walk down to which was stunning.
I have come out of the yoga course with knowledge, deeper understanding, skills and a complete passion for yoga. I feel extremely confident and ready to go out and share with people what I have learnt.”
“I just completed my 200 hour yoga teacher training with Steve and Joleen. I had no idea what I was getting into and got so much more than I imagined. They are so welcoming and accommodating and the house in Piha was lovely.
They made the course absolutely fascinating. The lectures were brilliant, Steve has such a captivating manner and really listens to your feedback and questions making each day an amazing journey. Joleen is so dedicated to her practice and does such great demonstrations of each asana that filled with such inspiration it has made me so interested in learning more and more.
I can not recommend this course enough!
I got what I wanted and so much more and am extremely confident and excited about my own teaching journey.
Thank you guys!”